Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lazy Ox Canteen

The Lazy Ox Canteen served me the best meal I've had in a long time. Would go back in a second and try many more things on their great menu that has a wide range of small plates.

Roasted Poblano Soup. Smoky and creamy with chunks of pork belly. Perhaps the best soup I've ever had.



Fried Ricotta Balls with Honey and Saffron are great if you have a super sweet tooth.



Fried Chicken Livers with Apple and Hearts of Palm Salad. The sweet and salty with the liver was a great combo.



The Short Ribs with Cream of Wheat were tender, but they didn't have the wow factor I thought they might have.



Rice Pudding. I like traditional rice pudding and I didn't expect it to be as fluffy and puffy. The flavor was fine, but nothing special. The caramel sauce made it so much better.



I don't remember what this was called, but it was a bar of the darkest of dark chocolate with a bruleed top. It. Was. Awesome. One of the best chocolate desserts ever.



I also tried a red wine blend from Malibu and it was extremely pleasant, tasted like a good chianti. Malibu? Who'd have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment